My Favorites (and a brief synopsis)
1. How Bizarre – OMC >reminds me of my babysitter driving us past Happy Dog in her 80’s Corolla. LOVE THIS song.
2. You Get What You Give – The New Radicals >My Mom nearly forced this song down out throats because she wanted my sisters and I to form a new-age version of the Partridge Family (only, with violins). Luckily, I still love the song.
3. Lovefool – The Cardigans >Reminds me of my older neighbor friend who introduced me to my very first notion of sex appeal. Don’t worry… tame and innocent, not to me misconstrued.
4. Two Princes – Spin Doctors >Nothing like belting this with the windows down.
5. I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – The Proclaimers >Benny and Joon (1993), what more can be said?
6. Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve >Possibly overplayed but, again, what more can be said?
7. I Touch Myself – The Divinyls >Made me feel naughty for a reason I didn’t understand at the time… Also, Austen Powers in his greatest glory. I’d listen to it on my walkman on the bus ride to 5th grade.
8. What’s Up? – 4 Non Blondes >Funny, but I can’t remember if I adored this song or hated it… all I know is that I felt strongly in either direction.
9. The Impression That I Get – The Mighty Mighty Boss >My first vision of ska.
Mazzy Star, Eagle Eye Cherry,
I Love You Always Forever-Donna Lewis
Mambo No. 5 – Lou Bega >Only song ever in the history of the world to mention the name “Erika”…. thanks Lou 🙂