Since I’ve been feeling down lately, I’ve devised a small plan to help myself get back on track–to get back to my wide grins and hearty laughs. When I say “small” I mean it because the plan is to focus on the little things. I made a list of the little things that I do, but fell out of habit of doing, that make me feel like my happy self. Among the list, the nightly routine comes greatly into play:
- Face wash, every night. Night cream & Nivea for the supple skin.
- Floss, without fail. It makes my smile prettier…I really notice a difference.
- Read, Write, Watch (my book, my journal, Where The Light Is)
- Take my high-potency antioxidant supplements (for anti-aging)
I make sure to touch-up the brows and wear my retainers, too. These things make me feel better in the morning. The morning routine is important at making me feel better, too:
- Up by 9, without fail. Lay awake in bed for at least 10.
- Earn my breakfast, somehow (run, walk or bike)
- BREAKFAST!! By farrrrr my favorite meal of the day. Go big or go home. I often crave unconventional breakfast food like miso soup or bruchetta… (breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper… mangia poco ma bene, eat little but well)
- Gotta have my spritz of Prada (often my only and always my most favorite accessory), my liquid eyeliner on the top lash, some mascara, some bronzer and I’m happy.
These little items in my routine make me happy. When I feel unhappy, I notice that they’re gone or lacking. I don’t know what comes first, the chicken or the egg but its probably a combination of both. So I’ve made a point to reintegrate my silly, girly trifles and I’m feeling better already.
These things don’t fit into a routine but were on my list as well:
- Salsa in my fridge, at all times.
- Same for Diet Hansens Root Beer.
- Gotta have my favorite pen for school. Pilot 0.5 ballpoint ink pens. I feel anxious if I can’t take notes using them.
- Keep my clothes folded and my bed made.
Did you even care to know all of this about me?
Anyway, by making sure I have down all of these small things, I begin to feel more of a sense of control over my life and then feeling happy becomes easier. That was my point. so, my face is washed, I’ve done the routine and now I’m going to rent a movie on iTunes to watch before bed.